You can download a printable pdf file with Tips&Tricks from this link.
- In order to achieve the best performance, make sure your Blips lens is well aligned on the camera.
- When sticking the lens onto the smartphone camera, make sure that the interface between the film and the glass does not present any bubble. A warming up of the film, of few degrees, just before its application onto the glass can help its adhesion.
- In order to improve the performance:
- clean the glass from grease or dust
- apply at temperature > 20°C; this helps the conformability of the film
- press the lens against the camera with your finger
- do not touch the adhesive bands often. Grease and dust affect their adhesive strength.
- Gently clean the rear side of the lens from grease or dirt using water or soapy water on a cotton swab, if necessary. Avoid to touch the adhesive bands.
- If you use a smartphone with camera near the corner (Iphones, for example), bend the part of the film with the writings (the longer side) around the edge. Clean up the frontal side of the smartphone where the film sticks from grease or dust.
- To observe insects or objects in motion the Macro Plus and Macro lenses are usually the best options. Their deeper focus allows you to follow the subject under examination.
- Maximal resolution (ability to see small details) can be achieved by using transmitted light through the subject you are observing with the Micro lens or Ultra lens (for example using prepared slides and a light source from behind)
- You can cut the film using scissors, shaping BLIPS as you prefer. Note: the two sticky bands are meant to enhance adherence onto non-polished surfaces; the lens will always stick on the glass when the surface is clean.
- The SMO App adjusts your device settings in order to use it with Blips. If your device does not support Android or IOS, or you do not want to install this App, you can easily use Blips with your favorite photocamera application, making sure that the subject you are examining is well illuminated. If possible, lock the autofocus and visualize the captured images on full screen.
- If you illuminate your subject with the smartphone torch but the light is too much, you can stick on the torch one of the white bumpers inside the Blips sleeve in order to reduce the light intensity and make it more diffused.
- The working distance is of about 6mm/10mm/20mm for the Micro/Macro/Macro Plus lenses, respectively. For the observation of planar subjects you can use one of the two provided sponges as mechanical support for the smartphone, when you have the Micro lens attached on your camera. Gently press on the sponge in order to find the best focal distance.
BLIPS REQUIRES LITTLE MAINTENANCE
When you do not use BLIPS for a long period of time, place the lenses back on their original card. Keep them in your wallet, bag, or anywhere you want.
Avoid to keep the lenses pressed for extended periods, for example, under the smartphone case (note: if you want to leave Blips on the phone and under the protective case, the best solution is to place the lens on the torch led; it minimally affects the light emission).
You can also use the white soft bumpers of the card to protect the lenses: applying them near the lens you can avoid scratchings.
The adherence might be weak when applied below 15°C (50F).